The Ursuline Sisters came to the Kingsgrove Parish in 1949 when they were invited to take over St Bernadette's School at Bexley North from the Sisters of Mercy. The sisters lived at the convent at Ashbury and travelled to Bexley North each day.
Within a few years they had established a convent at 69 Caroline Street, Kingsgrove (the present St Ursula's College administration building), and in 1953 they opened a new school, Our Lady of Fatima Primary School.
St Ursula's College was opened in 1957 with an enrolment of fifty-six girls in First Form. Fifty-two new students came to the College the following year and by 1959 there were 200 students enrolled.
The College has continued to grow, with a current enrolment of over 900 students and more than sixty teachers and twenty ancillary staff. Yet, through all the changes that have taken place over the years, the staff (now mostly lay teachers) have managed to keep alive the charism of St Angela.
The teachers at St Ursula's work for the complete development of each student, spiritually, morally, academically, culturally and physically.