Posted on August 12, 2021
Years 10, 11 and 12: Are you asking, “what do I do when school is over?”
Understanding your options when the time comes for you to venture into the adult world is not something you have to explore alone, and it is best not to leave it to chance. Remember, the St Ursula’s College Kingsgrove careers advisors are here to help and can assist with your exploration and all your options – even during remote learning.
Do you have career questions or are you seeking help with decisions about your post-school pathway? Every Tuesday – Friday from 8.30am – 9am, the careers advisors are available for a chat via a friendly drop-in Zoom session. The link to join has been sent directly to students via Compass.
Not a morning person? Our careers advisors are available for you to schedule a Zoom session with during lunchtime (1:30pm) or another time when you are free. Appointments can be made via the College’s Study, Work, Grow website. Once a booking has been made, you will receive a confirmation and Zoom link.
Want to bounce ideas off someone? Have no questions to ask but just want to share exciting news about receiving an early offer or what you have decided to do next year? The careers advisors would love to chat with you!
Take charge of your future. Our College careers advisors can talk next steps with you or discuss any of the following:
- Deciding on which course to take
- Taking a gap year
- Finding all the paths to the career you desire
- Understanding your passions and how that aligns with careers
- Understanding the costs involved in tertiary study
- How to apply for early entry
- Scholarship applications
- Accepting early entry offers
- Understanding what to do if you receive multiple early entry offers
- Direct university applications, not through UAC
- How to pay for university. No, it is not free!
- UAC applications
- HSC adjustment factors
- UAC school recommendation scheme (SRS) and or equity access scheme (EAS)
- The future labour market shortage and oversupply
- Any other questions you have!
Our careers advisors are here to help you through this process. Remember, be an active participant in your career choices and let them help you make informed decisions.