Never before has an active partnership between home and the College to support the provision of a safe learning environment with quality teaching and learning for students been more needed. A strong and diverse parent voice is essential in shaping, participating in and benefiting from the College’s continued growth and success.
The St Ursula’s Representative Council was established in 2020 to provide an opportunity for parents and carers to engage with the College about learning and wellbeing as well as to involve them in the wider life of the College. In 2020 this council will run concurrently with the existing Parent & Friends Association (P&F):
- President: Peter Smith
- Secretary: Mallissa Vourakis
- Treasurer: Maria De Pasion-Tangaroa
The Council will increase opportunities for involvement across a broader range of College life by specifically targeting each year group to have representation. Our Council will be able to be a parent voice in local policymaking and procedure development, in building College community spirit and advocacy for the College as we set a direction for the future.
The Council will be a consultative group with final decisions being made by the College.
The Council meets once per term in Week 4 with the possibility of individual year groups meeting again especially when coordinating or discussing specific year group agenda.
These are currently the activities which the P&F have been running for some time and in 2020 the following year groups will take carriage of their organisation:
- Year 7: Staff Morning tea in December
- Year 8: Mother’s Day Movie Night
- Year 7 and 8: Dance (To be confirmed)
- Year 9: Father’s Day event
- Year 10: Bunnings BBQ Fundraiser
- Year 11: Year 7 Orientation
- Year 12: Big Sister Movie night in February
- Year 7 to 12: Hosting debating – set up and clean up
- Year 7 to 12: Easter raffle for Project compassion – unless students organise.
The current year group representatives are:
- Year 7: Denise Mahfouz; Carol Nemme
- Year 8: Chris Morris; Magdalena Oszywa; Sonia Dellacorte
- Year 9: Margaret Lokmer; Yan Wang
- Year 10: Peter Smith; Roxana Felix
- Year 11: Emma Williams; Vivien Raptis
- Year 12: Richard Morton; Jodie Mok; Mallissa Vourakis
We value your contribution
The Council is always open to new ideas and suggestions. Please send your enquiries or ideas and suggestions via email to email@example.com.
You can also phone the College on 9502 3300 to make an appointment with the Principal to further discuss.