St Ursula’s rich co-curricular program has an activity for every girl.
Clubs, groups and competitions
- Debating and public speaking – a very popular activity at St Ursula’s, with many students participating in a range of inter-school competitions
- Mock Trial – sponsored by the Law Society of NSW and open to all students in Years 10 and 11
- Music ensembles and stage bands – individual tuition is available in string, woodwind, percussion, keyboard and voice. Students can also join a range of choir, music ensembles and stage bands, to extend their musical and social development through group rehearsal and performance
- Overseas study trips – Japanese: students have the opportunity to visit Japan and experience our sister school. Senior History: students can tour Italy, France, Belgium and Germany. They visit sites relevant to the Ancient and Modern History syllabuses
- Sister school visits
- Tournament of Minds – a fun and exciting problem-solving program for teams from Years 7 to 10 to solve open-ended challenges
- Dance Troupe
- Da Vinci Decathlon – an academic competition designed to challenge and stimulate the minds of students
- Titration Competition – a quantitative analytical competition open to NSW students currently enrolled in Senior Chemistry, studying towards the HSC
- Code Ninjas Club – students learn coding, math, logic and problem solving
- J-Club – Japanese language and culture club
- SEA Eco Club – environmental focus
- Chess Club – the chance to learn and practice this engaging game, which helps students develop their critical thinking skills
- Duke of Edinburgh – youth development program.
View all of the co-curricular activities currently available here.
Sport and physical activity
Students can also compete against other schools in the region through the Catholic Girls Secondary Schools Sporting Association (CGSSSA) representative competition. This includes sports such as AFL, touch football, cricket, tennis, dance, athletics, netball, gymnastics, basketball, cross country, soccer, swimming, volleyball, softball, water polo and aquathon.